JANE CORSELLIS NEAC, RWS, RCA studied at the Byam Shaw School of Art in London. She was awarded the Leverhulme Scholarship and the final year Painting Prize. While still a student she exhibited at the Young Contemporaries Exhibition and at the Royal Academy Summer Exhibition.
After leaving the Byam Shaw in 1962 she painted for a year in Spain before returning to teach for two years. In 1972 she moved with her family to Hong Kong where she had a solo exhibition. Having returned to England for a few years, she then moved to Ottawa for three years again having a solo exhibition. Subsequently she lived for a further three years in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia; while there she visited and painted in India, Thailand, Bali and Australia. Since then she has spent some months painting in Italy and made various trips to France and Spain as well as making another trip to India. In the UK she paints in London and in Pembrokeshire in South Wales.
Since 1985 she has had a series of very successful solo exhibitions at the New Academy Gallery in London, the last being in November 2004. In 1998 she had a solo exhibition at the Hollis Taggart Gallery in New York. She exhibits regularly at exhibitions of the New English Art Club, the Royal Watercolour Society , and from time to time in other galleries and exhibitions. She was a finalist in the Garrick Milne portrait competition. She has produced a number of lithographs with the Curwen Studio. Her book Painting Figures in Light was published by Watson and Guptill in 1982. A book Jane Corsellis A Personal View Painting in Oils and Watercolour was published by David and Charles in October 2000. At the same time APV Films brought out a film of Jane at work called Landscapes in Oils. A second film on Coastal Watercolours was brought out by APV Films in November 2004.
Her work is in numerous corporate and private collections in the UK, North America, Europe and the Far East.
Her latest one person show was at Messum’s Gallery, 8 Cork Street, London W1S 3LJ in November 2006. The next one will open on 19 November 2008.
- Studied at Byam Shaw School of Art, London, 1960
- Lived in Hong Kong. Visited Malaysia, 1972-74
- Elected member of New English Art Club, 1976
- Lived in Ottawa, Canada, 1979-81
- Elected associate of Royal West of England Academy, 1983
- Lived in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, 1987-90
- Elected member of Royal Society of Painters in Watercolour, 1995
- Elected member of the Royal Cambrian Academy, 2002
One person Exhibitions
- Hong Kong Gallery, Hong Kong, 1974
- Braam Gallery, Ottawa, Canada, 1981
- The New Academy Gallery, London, 1985, 86
- Galeri Citra, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, 1988
- The New Academy Gallery, London, 1989, 92, 94, 96, 98
- Hollis Taggart Gallery, New York, 1998
- The New Academy Gallery, 2000, 02, 04
- Messums London, 2006, 11/2008
- New English Art Club
- Royal Cambrian Academy
- Royal Society of Painters in Watercolour
- The Small Paintings Group, London
- Capital Club, London 1994 and 1995
- Foreign and Commonwealth Office
- Cadbury Schweppes plc
- Tesco plc
- Painting Figures in Light Jane Corsellis (Watson Guptill 1981)
- Oil Painting Techniques Edited by David Lewis (Watson Guptill 1983)
- Atelier Series A Personal View Jane Corsellis (David and Charles, 2000)
Paintings featured in:
- Painting Interiors Jenny Rodwell
- Painting Self Portraits Tom Coates
- Oils Workshop Richard Pikesley
- The Watercolour Expert Royal Watercolour Society
- Landscapes in Oils Jane Corsellis (APV Films Nov 2000)
- Coastal Watercolours Jane Corsellis (APV Films Nov 2004)